Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Prayer Meetings

Went to the Prayer Meeting today at the WTC. The Pastor and wife who came today had a very powerful message which despite of my aptitude for daydreaming at the wrong time, soon caught my imagination especially when he talked about the faith of the people of yore where even in the instance of the fiery furnace how strong was the faith of God’s people. So descriptive was he that I could see the four people walking about in the fire, with not a hair on their heads being harmed.

Then came the part where the Pastor called upon certain people and prayed for their particular need as moved by the Holy Spirit. I still can’t understand why I immediately freeze and put up a barrier with my mind going ‘this sounds so very fake’. The others seem to fervently believe in what is going on while I stand there like Doubting Thomas. Even Gerard was touched today with two messages addressing what he is going through in life right now. I kinda did an escape as soon as I decently could. Is it just me or are there others out there who do carry a message home from such a service, but feel so out of it when it comes to loud prayer and God granting visions to His chosen pastor?

No comments: