Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day Eight we spent in Genting Highlands

Today was the day we had scheduled to go to Genting Highlands. We found a better way of doing it rather than through the normal tour booking through hotels. You need to get to KL Sentral, look for the Genting Highlands counter and then book from there. It costs only 25RM which includes the coach ride to Genting Highlands, the cable car ride, and the rides to the outdoor theme park. I thought that was about the most fabulous offer I had seen in KL.

Kumudu came along with us to KL Sentral and saw us onto the coach. We had a lovely long ride though the countryside to the Genting Highlands, to the cable car place, and then a long long cable car ride which by far outshone the ride to Santosa in Singapore. What a fantastic panorama spread below us while far above I could see this range of mountains whose tops were lost in the clouds. What a thrill to find out that was where were were going! Up into the clouds. Fantastic! I enjoyed the ride up.

Having landed on terra firma, we set out to explore the rides open to us and what a large number there was. We started off on the spinner which swung us up at roof level. I closed my eyes (in sheer terror of course) and then imagined I was flying! Lovely. That ride finished all to fast. Got off on wobbly legs and wobbled over to the double Decker delight which was a carousal. Sat on an unenthusiastic camel that wouldn’t move. Then went inside to see what rides we were missing! I don’t think we missed too much.

We went on the Mine Train which thundered its way echoing through the tunnels before bursting back onto the platform where adventurous souls awaited their turn.

We took a ride in the mini train which took us around the park and then got onto an antique car which took us the same way. We then did what was for me the most difficult of all , the corkscrew rollercoaster which once we were captive strapped in, took us all over the place including upside down with all of us screaming wanting to be let off (at least I wanted to be let off!).

After that I wanted to sit in a teacup for a soothing ride. I think the guy who was manning it liked the look of us and gave us an extra long ride! May have looked in need of soothing after our scary topsy turvy ride!

We used the peddle boats and had a wonderful time peddling across the little lake. I wanted to go on the motorized ones, but there was always such a crowd to get in that I was discouraged. We went up in the flying jumbo, the mata hari, and ‘experienced’ the space adventure which was supposed to give you the feeling of what happens when you get into a rocket or space craft! Not in the least impressive. Then we had a look at the space shot. I was NOT getting on that one! It was a tall tall post around which 12 people were strapped in and then lifted right to the top (I don’t know how tall it was, but I couldn’t see the top, it was lost in the clouds), and sent plummeting down to earth. I would have died of sheer shock had I got onto that one. No way… absolutely no way!

Walked around the shopping mall after that and went back to kumudu ‘s for a dinner of thosai hot off the griddle accompanied by a delicious chicken curry. Then off to pack for taking off home tomorrow.

No comments: